The holidays are a time for gathering with family and friends. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the good times and celebrate with festive food and drinks.
Unfortunately, that food and drink sometimes ends up getting spilled on your carpet. But don’t worry. With a little preparation, and the instructions below, you don’t have to let a spill ruin your holiday spirit.
Whether you’re stains involve local favorite foods such as Skyline Chili (or Gold Star Chili) dip, LaRosa’s pizza sauce, Montgomery Inn barbecue sauce, and Frisch’s pumpkin pie or drinks ranging from red wine to coffee – we have you covered.
In our 31 years of carpet and upholstery cleaning in Cincinnati we have seen it all, including: coffee, eggnog, gravy, JELL-O, margarine, oysters, pumpkin, pudding, wine, sauces and tea.
- 1/4 teaspoon of a mild liquid dishwashing detergent
- l cup of warm water
- Note: do not use laundry or automatic dish washing detergent as they can contain agents that can harm carpet dyes and fibers
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Note: This will reduce the alkalinity of the detergent
- Blot (never rub) with a dry , white absorbent cloth or white (never patterned or colored) paper towel.
- Apply a very small amount of the detergent solution to a white cloth and blot, working from the edges of the stain to the center to prevent spreading.
- Continue to blot until all the stain is transferred to the cloth.
- Apply a small amount of the neutralizing solution mix to the area to lower the alkalinity of the detergent.
- Rinse the area with cold water and blot dry with clean white cloth.
Questions? I am always available to answer your stain removal questions and concerns. Call us today at (513) 777-8770 to learn more about our carpet and upholstery cleaning services. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about this month’s cleaning special.
Elliott S. Fishman, Co-Owner
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc.
About Elliott S. Fishman
Elliott Fishman, along with his son Brian, is the owner and operator of Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc. We serve the residents and businesses of Greater Cincinnati to include West Chester, Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Wyoming, Fairfield, Indian Hill, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Anderson Township. Elliott started this company in 1984, based on the belief that it takes Extra Effort to make each job a success. The father/son team puts the extra time, extra care, and extra effort go into every task they undertake – no matter how large or small the job. Extra Effort’s quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made the company a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, water damage / water extraction, fabric protection, odor control and spot removal.