Do you offer free estimates? The question seems simple (and obvious) enough but, unfortunately, some companies will advertise a low “upfront price” that doesn’t include everything you need. Here is a checklist of questions to ask to help you understand what’s in the estimate and ensure you get the best cleaning results.
Does your estimate cover the cost of the cleaning chemicals?
- It seems ridiculous to think that an estimate for “cleaning” would not include the needed materials but it happens.
Does your estimate cover the cost of fuel/travel to my location?
- Unbelievably, some companies will add a surcharge for fuel after they show up.
Is your estimate based on square footage and not the number of rooms?
- Beware that companies basing their estimate on rooms may consider a small entry area (or even a closet!) as a room. Estimates based on square footage are more straightforward and help ensure your final bill matches your estimate.
Is moving furniture included in your estimate?
- Dust and dirt accumulate under dressers, tables and sofas. Not cleaning under those areas means your room is only getting half clean but that doesn’t mean you should pay an “extra” charge to have the job done right. Also, make sure the company will move furniture back into place and put your furniture on pads or blocks.
Does your estimate include an initial vacuuming?
- Vacuuming the carpet edge to edge around the baseboards removes a great deal of dirt, dust and pet hair and facilitates the efficiency of the cleaning.
Put us to the test – call us today (513) 777-8770 and ask us these questions!
Elliott S. Fishman, Co-Owner
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc.
About Elliott S. Fishman
Elliott Fishman, along with his son Brian, is the owner and operator of Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc. We serve the residents and businesses of Greater Cincinnati to include West Chester, Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Wyoming, Fairfield, Indian Hill, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Anderson Township. Elliott started this company in 1984, based on the belief that it takes Extra Effort to make each job a success. The father/son team puts the extra time, extra care, and extra effort go into every task they undertake – no matter how large or small the job. Extra Effort’s quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made the company a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, water damage / water extraction, fabric protection, odor control and spot removal.