In our previous blog post, we showed you how to avoid costly mistakes when requesting a free estimate from a carpet and upholstery cleaning firm. In addition to making sure the estimate includes everything that will be on the bill, you also want to make sure you are hiring a reputable firm that has the experience to do the job right and stands by their work. Here’s a checklist of what to ask and what to look for in their answers.
Is your process safe for pets and children?
- Children and pets spend more time on the floor than anyone so make sure the cleaning process doesn’t use harmful chemicals.
Does your business have a perfect record with the BBB and meet their Accreditation Standards?
- In order to be eligible for BBB Accreditation, businesses must meet, commit to and maintain the BBB Code of Business Practices. Complaints filed with the BBB are usually the result of companies not listening to their customers and responding. (We are proud of our A+ rating with the BBB with NO complaints!)
Is your business IICRC Certified?
- The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is an American National Standards Institute accredited standard development organization which creates certifications and standards for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries.
How long have you been in business?
- Much of the carpet cleaning business is based on repeat customers and word of mouth recommendations. Look for a company with an established track record of successfully cleaning homes and businesses.
Does your company use the hot water extraction method for cleaning carpet?
- Hot water extraction is designed to provide the ultimate in cleaning power without over wetting the area. The system is also designed to keep the temperature of the water at a safe level in order to prevent damage to the fibers of the carpet and upholstery being cleaned. UPDATE – See Choosing the Right Carpet Cleaning Method – Hot Water Extraction vs. Dry Carpet Cleaning for how top carpet manufacturers recommend the hot water extraction method, and in some cases require it maintain your warranty.
Are you capable of cleaning high-rise apartments?
- A truck-portable system provides both the flexibility to reach everywhere you need and the power to get your carpet and upholstery as clean as it can get.
Do you vacuum the carpet edge to edge and around the baseboards?
- Be wary of anyone who skips this initial step as it removes a great deal of dirt, dust and pet hair and facilitates the efficiency of the cleaning.
Does your company use DuPont Teflon for added protection?
- DuPont Teflon is both safe and effective for carpet and upholstery. It repels liquid spills, dust and dirt, allowing carpets to remain cleaner longer.
Who is responsible for making sure I am satisfied and received personalized service?
- When hiring someone to come into your home, you want to make sure they are willing to provide the extra effort to do the job right. When you call us, you will speak directly to me (or my son) and have my guarantee that you will be satisfied.
Put us to the test – call us today (513) 777-8770 and ask us these questions!
Elliott S. Fishman, Co-Owner
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc.
About Elliott S. Fishman
Elliott Fishman, along with his son Brian, is the owner and operator of Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc. We serve the residents and businesses of Greater Cincinnati to include West Chester, Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Wyoming, Fairfield, Indian Hill, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Anderson Township. Elliott started this company in 1984, based on the belief that it takes Extra Effort to make each job a success. The father/son team puts the extra time, extra care, and extra effort go into every task they undertake – no matter how large or small the job. Extra Effort’s quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made the company a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, water damage / water extraction, fabric protection, odor control and spot removal.