For a few unfortunate homeowners and businesses, this time of the year can lead to clogged gutters, frozen pipes and failed sump pumps which means water damage.
If you find yourself one of the unlucky few, here’s what you need to know.
Water Damage Restoration Tips
- Act quickly. The CDC recommends cleaning up and drying out your home or business thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Check your coverage. Find out what your insurance company will cover. (Or, better yet, let us help you. Extra Effort has over 32 of experience in water damage restoration and can work directly with your insurance company.)
- Hire professionals. As noted by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), “professionals have the knowledge and equipment to further dry a home or facility (including substructure materials) completely back to pre-loss conditions.”
- Remove excess water, if it’s safe. As long as there are no safety hazards, mop up excess water from floors and wipe down surfaces. Be very careful with any electrical appliances and never use a household vacuum.
- Get the air moving. Extra Effort uses industrial air movers and dehumidifiers to dry wet carpet, baseboards and walls. In most cases, this can restore them to their original condition.
- Monitor and control. Extra Effort uses state of the art moisture detecting equipment and only effective, safe bacteria control agents.
Extra Effort Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning’s water damage restoration and water extraction services are prepared to handle damage to carpet, furniture and dry wall.
We have been serving Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky since 1984. Located in West Chester, we are a local company committed to building long-term relationships with local residents and businesses.
Our A+ BBB Rating and IICRC Certification means you can trust us to do a professional job. The fact that we are father/son owned and operated business means you can trust you will receive personalized service.
Elliott S. Fishman, Co-Owner
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc.
About Elliott S. Fishman
Elliott Fishman, along with his son Brian, is the owner and operator of Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc. We serve the residents and businesses of Greater Cincinnati to include West Chester, Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Wyoming, Fairfield, Indian Hill, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Anderson Township. Elliott started this company in 1984, based on the belief that it takes Extra Effort to make each job a success. The father/son team puts the extra time, extra care, and extra effort go into every task they undertake – no matter how large or small the job. Extra Effort’s quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made the company a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, water damage / water extraction, fabric protection, odor control and spot removal.