“It’s not nice to fool mother nature!”
Raise your hand if you remember that commercial. I was reminded of it with this morning’s blustery start to the day. I know a number of people who lost power and Ross Local Schools even had to stage an early dismissal for their middle school and high school due to no power. Unfortunately, it looks like more storms may be headed our way this weekend.
Spring can be a volatile time of year here in Cincinnati so it’s worth sharing the following information from the Ohio Emergency Management Agency:
- Be Informed. Know Ohio’s spring and summer weather hazards and how to protect your family and home.
- Build a Disaster Supplies Kit. Have enough food, water and other supplies to sustain your household for at least three days.
- Plan Ahead for Severe Weather.
- Know how to receive emergency alerts
- Have a shelter-in-place plan
- Know evacuation routes
- Make a family/household communication plan
- Also visit: weathersafety.ohio.gov
Heavy spring rains also raise the potential for flooded basements. If you find yourself in that situation your first and foremost concern should be safety. It might be tempting to run down and try to save some items from getting wet but there are serious risks. The water could be contaminated and if the water has come into contact with any sources of electricity you could be shocked. Obviously you want to keep children out of the area but don’t forget about pets. I know a particular dog that loves nothing more than to get into things she shouldn’t!
Only after your safety has been addressed is it time to think about the water damage restoration process. Here’s a printer-friendly guide outlining the key steps.
As always, I’m here to answer questions. With 35 years of water damage restoration experience, you can trust Extra Effort has the expertise to address mold, mildew, stain and moisture removal. We can work with your insurance company to return your home or business to its original state using state-of-the-art moisture-detecting equipment. We use safe bacteria control agents to do everything possible to minimize the loss. As a father/son company we offer personalized service with large-company capabilities, including the resources to:
- Pull back carpets and remove carpet padding
- Cut out damaged drywall and remove damaged baseboards
- Employ powerful water extraction systems, industrial air movers and dehumidifiers
- Apply safe and effective antimicrobial agents to protect your home
- Install new padding and install/replace the carpet
- Install and paint both drywall and baseboards
Elliott S. Fishman, Co-Owner
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc.
About Elliott S. Fishman
Elliott Fishman, along with his son Brian, is the owner and operator of Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Inc. We serve the residents and businesses of Greater Cincinnati to include West Chester, Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Wyoming, Fairfield, Indian Hill, Montgomery, Hyde Park and Anderson Township. Elliott started this company in 1984, based on the belief that it takes Extra Effort to make each job a success. The father/son team puts the extra time, extra care, and extra effort go into every task they undertake – no matter how large or small the job. Extra Effort’s quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made the company a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, water damage / water extraction, fabric protection, odor control and spot removal.