West Chester Township, OH – Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, and Water Damage Restoration
Why Extra Effort is the Right Choice
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning has been serving West Chester Township, OH since 1984. Located in West Chester, we are a local company committed to building long-term relationships with local residents and businesses. We are proud to call this area our home and delighted to be a part of the community.
You will receive top-notch attention to detail and the personalized service that only comes from a father and son owned and operated business. Our quality equipment, trained technicians and safe products have made us a top choice for residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and water damage restoration.
Please call us today at (513) 777-8770 to speak directly to an owner.
No Hidden Fees
We won’t tack on extra costs for fuel/trip charges, deodorizer or fabric protection. No hidden surprises!
We will give you a fair and accurate estimate for the exact estimate before any work is started.
Our prices are based on the total square footage to be cleaned, not the number of rooms, so you pay for exactly the area cleaned.
We stand behind our work 100% and are dedicated to making sure the job is completed to your satisfaction.
A+ BBB Rating
The BBB maintains and promotes the highest ethical relationship between businesses and customers and we are proud of our A+ rating.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates certifications and standards for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries.
Carpet Cleaning in West Chester Township, OH
Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning takes pride in our long-standing reputation of excellence! When cleaning carpet & upholstery, we treat your home and your possessions with the care we would afford our own. No matter how large or small the job, we trust us to:
- Inspect your home or office and address questions & concerns.
- Move all furniture that can be moved safely and within reason.
- Vacuum the carpet edge to edge around the baseboards. (This process removes a great deal of dirt, dust and pet hair and facilitates the efficiency of the cleaning)
- Clean carpets with safe, effective products with special attention given to pet stains, food spots and heavily soiled areas.
- Move furniture back in place and place it on pads or blocks.
Our cleaning methods are designed to remove the toughest of stains while keeping your carpet protected:
- Extra Effort’s cleaning method is based on hot water extraction. Our equipment is designed to provide the ultimate in cleaning power without over wetting the area. The system is also designed to keep the temperature of the water at a safe level in order to prevent damage to the fibers of the carpet being cleaned.
- Extra Effort has portable extractors with truck mount power that can be moved anywhere. We are experts in cleaning high rise office buildings and condominiums.
- Extra Effort uses DuPont Teflon to protect all the carpets we clean because it is both safe and effective. DuPont Teflon repels liquid spills, dust and dirt allowing carpets to remain cleaner longer.
The cleaning product Extra Effort uses neutralizes the carpet fiber to a neutral PH. This technology prevents browning, wicking and re-soiling and helps carpets to dry clean and soft.
Upholstery Cleaning in West Chester Township, OH
Using the same state-of-the-art equipment, we apply safe, effective products to gently but effectively clean your upholstery. Our process is designed to prevent damage to the fibers of the upholstery being cleaned and we give special attention given to pet stains, food spots and heavily soiled areas.
Water Damage Restoration in West Chester Township, OH
With 35 years of water damage restoration experience, you can trust Extra Effort has the expertise to address mold, mildew, stain and moisture removal. We can work with your insurance company to return your home or business to its original state using state-of-the-art moisture-detecting equipment. We use safe bacteria control agents to do everything possible to minimize the loss. As a father/son company we offer personalized service with large-company capabilities, including the resources to:
- Pull back carpets and remove carpet padding
- Cut out damaged drywall and remove damaged baseboards
- Employ powerful water extraction systems, industrial air movers and dehumidifiers
- Apply safe and effective antimicrobial agents to protect your home
- Install new padding and install/replace the carpet
- Install and paint both drywall and baseboards
We have used Extra Effort Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning to clean our home for over 17 years. Extra Effort has saved us from assorted carpet emergencies including carpet cleaning, water restoration (and water damage), odor control and spot removal. They are professional, conscientious, and take the time to do the job correctly the first time. Needless to say, we are satisfied customers and would highly recommend Extra Effort.
Elliott and Brian have provided exceptional service over the past fifteen years for our family’s carpet cleaning and water restoration needs. I highly recommend them on the basis of professionalism, customer responsiveness and courtesy. It is a pleasure to work with a company that takes care of their customers in a way that is rare in today’s world!
Advantages of Extra Effort Carpet Cleaning
As a locally owned father and son business, Extra Effort Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is committed to your total satisfaction. We stand behind our work 100% and are dedicated to making sure the job is completed to your satisfaction, which is how we maintain a perfect record with the Better Business Bureau.
We are proud to commit to our all-inclusive pricing. We will give you an exact estimate before any work is started and WON’T tack on surcharges, extras, and outrageous restrictions. In other words, we don’t add fuel cost surcharges to drive to your location or an extra charge for the cleaning solution needed to clean your carpet!
Click here to see this month’s special promotions.
Why Professional Carpet Cleaning is Needed
It’s generally accepted that that professional cleaning is needed after problems like spills and pet accidents. So, outside that, the question is – isn’t regular vacuuming enough? And the short answer is, no.
Regular vacuuming is good (and necessary) for removing surface level grit and dirt but doesn’t remove ground in dirt, bacteria, and whatever else happens to get tracked in on the bottom of paws and shoes. Case in point, researchers have found “… indoor carpet to be about 4,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat, with about 200,000 bacteria per square inch.” Vacuuming isn’t enough to keep your home clean.
Which method of professional carpet cleaning is best?
One of the best sources of information on carpet is the carpet manufacturers themselves. Here is what Mohawk Industries, one of the leading manufactures, has published on carpet cleaning:
Vacuum high-traffic areas daily, medium to high traffic areas twice weekly and the entire house at least once a week with a vacuum that carries the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) Seal of Approval. Even with regular vacuuming, soil particles and oily dirt will cling to carpet fibers. Foot traffic drives these particles and dirt deep into the carpet. Mohawk requires professional hot water extraction every 18 months…
There are three key points in the excerpt above:
- The importance of professional carpet cleaning in order to keep your carpets looking their best. In other words, professional carpet cleaning removes dirt and stains that a vacuum can’t.
- The term “requires” in relation to professional carpet cleaning. This statement actually comes from Mohawk’s carpet warranty brochure, meaning that professional hot water extraction is required on a regular basis to maintain the warranty on your carpets. Aside from appearances, hot water extraction removes deep-down dirt and debris that may harm carpet fibers.
- The fact that Mohawk calls specifically for the hot water extraction method. While there are a number of different carpet cleaning methods available today, Mohawk is clear about their preference. And, it turns out they aren’t the only one.
Shaw Industries Group is one of the world’s largest carpet manufacturers and plainly states this on their website:
Choosing the proper cleaning system is important. Some systems may leave residues which accelerate re-soiling and defeats the whole purpose of cleaning.
Shaw’s choice: Hot water extraction
Research indicates that the hot water extraction system provides the best capability for cleaning.
Their site also goes on to note that “Shaw warranties require that the homeowner be able to show proof of periodic cleaning by hot water extraction…,” echoing the same as Mohawk.
Hot Water Extraction vs. Steam Cleaning
It’s clear that carpet manufacturers prefer the hot water extraction method. However, this sometimes creates confusion for people as they often think that “steam carpet cleaning” is best. The issue is that “steam carpet cleaning” is just another name for the hot water extraction method. In other words, people may be more familiar with the less-technically accurate description “steam carpet cleaning” and not realize it actually refers to the hot water extraction method. Shaw Floors offers a great description of the hot water extraction method:
This system is commonly referred to as “steam cleaning,” although no steam is actually generated. The process consists of applying a cleaning agent into the carpet pile and using water in the extractor to recover the used solution and soil. This can be done from a truck-mounted unit outside the home with only the hose and wand brought inside or by a portable system brought into the home.
So…What is the Best Way to Clean Your Carpet and Upholstery?
The experts on carpets, the actual manufacturers, recommend weekly vacuuming in addition to regular professional carpet cleaning using the hot water extraction method. In fact, they not only recommend hot water extraction but require it as part of their warranties.